Volunteers for Life
In addition to CORE’s Community Outreach Department, CORE’s Volunteers for Life program is dedicated to educating our community about the importance of organ, tissue and cornea donation and transplantation.
CORE recognizes the importance of our volunteers, for without you we would not be able to reach the vast number of residents in our service area, which encompasses 81 counties throughout Pennsylvania, West Virginia and New York. As a Volunteer for Life, you have the opportunity to make a life-saving difference in YOUR community.
A Volunteer for Life can be anyone – a donor family member or friend, a transplant recipient, the spouse of a transplant recipient, someone on the waiting list, a college student or a medical professional that believes in the importance of donation and transplantation, ANYONE!
CORE provides volunteer orientations, educational workshops and training for all volunteers. There are many exciting ways to get involved and opportunities available to meet your specific interests and skill level, such as:
- Event and Activities Volunteer: Discuss organ and tissue donation with the general public and encourage people to register. Examples include: Informational tables at community health fairs, blood drives, awareness walks and runs, sporting events, hospital events and much more.
- Educator: Conduct education programs in local schools. Varying opportunities exist for different grade levels – middle school, junior high and high school.
- Office Assistant: Offer support with office tasks such as data entry, assemble information packets, prepare mailings, etc.
- Presenter: Share your personal story with groups of various sizes – civic, healthcare organizations, multicultural, faith-based and many others.
- DMV Ambassador: Make monthly site visits to assigned locations. Establish rapport with DMV techs and monitor the stock of CORE educational materials, making sure the materials are highly visible and accessible to the general public.
- Special Events Volunteer: Assist with assorted tasks at annual CORE events.
Most volunteering opportunities are presented as needed. You are able to volunteer when it is convenient for you, when it fits into your schedule. For information, please call 800-DONORS-7 (800-366-6777).