The Center for Organ Recovery & Education (CORE) is one of 58 federally designated not-for-profit organ procurement organizations (OPOs) in the United States. CORE works closely with donor families and designated healthcare professionals to deliver the gift of hope by coordinating the surgical recovery of organs, tissues and corneas for transplantation. CORE also facilitates the computerized matching of donated organs, tissues and corneas.
With integrity and compassion, our goal is to bridge the gap between donor families, health care providers and transplant recipients so that we may forever transform lives.
The Center for Organ Recovery & Education (CORE) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting donation, education and research for the purpose of saving and improving lives through organ, tissue and cornea transplantation.
Every potential donor will make A Pledge for Life.
CORE has a strong foundation of values that members of the CORE team recognize and implement as they perform our life-saving mission.
- Integrity – CORE would not exist without the trust and support of the community it serves. We rely on public oversight and in return offer transparency as we fulfill our mission. As a non-profit organization, we are fiscally responsible and maintain high performance standards.
- Compassion – CORE honors its donors and donor families. They are the heart of this organization and the foundation of our mission. Without them, transplantation would not be possible. We are respectful of the gift of life and give tribute to its power through community outreach and education.
- Quality – CORE upholds stringent clinical standards to ensure the quality of donated organs and tissue. We are compliant in all aspects of organ, tissue and cornea procurement.
- Responsiveness – CORE operates in a fast-paced, detail-oriented manner. Our staff is available at any given time to meet the needs of our donors and their families, our hospitals, partners and the community we serve.
- Education – CORE recognizes that education is needed to uphold public trust and for the public we serve to make informed donation decisions. We continually educate the community about organ and tissue donation, the need for donors, the donation process and common misconceptions.
- Innovation – CORE is a long-standing pioneer in the organ and tissue procurement field. Through program development, service expansion and research, CORE’s advanced approach has made it an award-winning organ procurement organization.
- Respect – CORE has respect for both death and life. We provide hope when life is lost, all the while maintaining the dignity of our donors.
- Life – Most importantly, we value the legacy of life our donors have left and the second chance at life that transplant recipients have as a result.