CORE is one of 58 federally designated not-for-profit organ procurement organizations (OPOs) in the United States.
With headquarters in Pittsburgh and an office in Charleston, West Virginia, CORE oversees a region that encompasses 155 hospitals and almost six million people throughout western Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Chemung County, NY.
Each of the hospitals in CORE’s service area act as referral sites for potential donors. Five of the hospitals also perform life-saving organ transplants:
- WPAHS Allegheny General Hospital
- Charleston Area Medical Center
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- UPMC Presbyterian Hospital
- VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System