CORE is one of 58 federally designated not-for-profit organ procurement organizations (OPOs) in the United States.
With headquarters in Pittsburgh and an office in Charleston, West Virginia, CORE oversees a region that encompasses 150 hospitals and more than 5 million people throughout western Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Chemung County, NY.
Each of the hospitals in CORE’s service area act as referral sites for potential donors. Six of the hospitals also perform life-saving organ transplants:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Charleston Area Medical Center
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- UPMC Hamot
- UPMC Presbyterian Hospital
- VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System