CORE Service Area
CORE is one of 58 federally designated not-for-profit organ procurement organizations (OPOs) in the United States.
With headquarters in Pittsburgh and an office in Charleston, West Virginia, CORE oversees a region that encompasses 150 hospitals and more than 5 million people throughout western Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Chemung County, NY.
Each of the hospitals in CORE’s service area act as referral sites for potential donors. Seven of the hospitals also perform life-saving organ transplants:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Charleston Area Medical Center
- UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- UPMC Hamot
- UPMC Presbyterian Hospital
- VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- WVU Medicine J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital